[xsl] Content negotiation in XSLT

Subject: [xsl] Content negotiation in XSLT
From: Richard Light <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:00:39 +0100
Can XSLT 2.0 do content negotiation? Looking at the Linking Open Data work, it seems to me that it would be useful if XSLT processors could specify in the document() function that what they want is, for example, application/rdf+xml. Then they could be served the RDF version of a Semantic Web resource, rather than the HTML "human-readable" version.

There are words in section 16.1 of the XSLT 2.0 spec about media types, but it isn't clear to me that they extend to being able to specify which media type you want. I would be delighted to be put right on this one.

Richard Light

--
Richard Light
XML/XSLT and Museum Information Consultancy