Re: [xsl] selecting elements by attributes when working with namespaces

Subject: Re: [xsl] selecting elements by attributes when working with namespaces
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:16:34 +0200 (CEST)
Joelle Tegwen wrote:

  Hi

>     <xsl:template match="tt:span[@class='defaultSpeaker']">
>         <xsl:if test="count(../preceding-sibling::*)>0">
>             <xsl:text
> disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;/dd&gt;</xsl:text>
>         </xsl:if>
>         <dt>
>             <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="."/>
>         </dt>
>         <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;dd&gt;</xsl:text>

  Please, never, never do that.  You are not generating correct XML
regarding XDM, but you are instead cheating with the serializer.  I
didn't look in details of what you want, but you should be able to find
another solution.

  If not, please post a simple excerpt of your input and your expected
output.

>     </xsl:template>
>     <xsl:template match="tt:span">
> <!-- do something else -->
>     </xsl:template>

> but when I do that the selector doesn't work.

  Which selector?  What doesn't work?  How?

  Regards,

--drkm