Re: [xsl] multiple values for the key

Subject: Re: [xsl] multiple values for the key
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:30:08 +0530
Hi Ken,
   I appreciate your ideas. Your solution below is certainly very
portable, and should be preferred when portability of stylesheet is
the concern.

But I am only concerned, that if stylesheet is quite large, then to
access the contents of a variable (i.e., this one, <xsl:variable
name="x-values">), we are asking processor to build a large tree (an,
additional one) in memory, which might cause some performance
concerns.

Using node-set function I feel is more memory efficient than, using
document('') (which you wrote).

But certainly, even if node-set function is provided by multiple XSLT
processors, it's likely that it's not portable between processors (as,
it's namespace URI may be different).

The namespace URI I used for node-set, is what is suggested by EXSLT
set of extensions, and it's likely that it will be portable between
processors supporting EXSLT.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi