[xsl] Fill line ends with dots

Subject: [xsl] Fill line ends with dots
From: "Linda van den Brink" <brinkwoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:23:05 +0200
Hi all,

I'm back here after many years with a question.

I'm looking for a way to fill the end of all lines in a (left-aligned)
block not with spaces, but with a character like a dot or a dash. I
don't think a leader is the answer here, because not only the end of
each block must be filled, but the end of each line within a block
given a certain area width, something like this (I hope the email
program doesn't mangle this):

Heden/Vandaag, 'datum ', heb ik, ' adellijke titel, titel, voornamen,
------------
voorvoegsels, achternaam (kandidaat)notaris', hierna te noemen: notaris,
------
als waarnemer van ' adellijke titel, titel, voornamen,
voorvoegsels,---------------
achternaam notaris ' notaris te 'plaats van vestiging ' deze akte
onmiddellijk--
na beperkte voorlezing en na ondertekening door partijen ondertekend
ten------
overstaan van de volgende verschenen

So far I haven't tried anything but have only been thinking about
this. All I've been able to come up with is using a background image
for the lines and displaying the text over that, so that were there's
no text the background image is visible.

Is there a more direct/simple/elegant way to do this?

Linda