Re: [xsl] [FO] Margin when a block breaks over a page

Subject: Re: [xsl] [FO] Margin when a block breaks over a page
From: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:21:24 +0100
On Tue, Aug 19 2008 01:42:42 +0100, kbhatt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I want to ensure that when a block breaks on a new page, the top of
> the content has a certain amount of spacing before it, how can I do
> this?
>
> I have tried using space-before and and played with margins, but to no
> avail (that said, I am using FOP which hasn't got full space-before
> support yet). I cannot put the margin at the top of the region body
> because I have a background image.

Have you tried space-before.conditionality="retain" on the fo:block?
AFAICT from the FOP source code, it is implemented.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2