Re: [xsl] Using xsl:key and key() function on xsl:variable lookup data

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using xsl:key and key() function on xsl:variable lookup data
From: "Russell Loucks" <rjl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:06:36 -0400
Holy quick response, Batman.....

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:52:00 -0400, G. Ken Holman wrote
> At 2008-08-20 11:36 -0500, Russ Loucks wrote:
> >I have what I think should be a very easy problem to solve but the
> >solution eludes me.
>
> The solution is in XSLT 2.0.

Bummer.  Well, in the meantime, I can get around this quirk by using basic
node-set selects, as in:

    <xsl:value-of select="entries/entry[@key=$dataKey]" />

I'm not translating a large amount of values so the performance hit won't be a
big issue.  Configurability (e.g., passing the lookup table to the stylesheet
as a parameter) is a higher priority than translation speed.

We can migrate to XSLT 2.0 early next year when we have another major release
scheduled for our software.

Thanks again for a quick response.