[xsl] Announce: XSLT/XPath 1.0 and 2.0 interactive training video

Subject: [xsl] Announce: XSLT/XPath 1.0 and 2.0 interactive training video
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:13:05 -0400
Crane Softwrights Ltd. is proud to announce the availability of over 24 hours of interactive instructional audio/video covering every element, every attribute and every function of both XSLT and XPath, both versions 1.0 and 2.0. This captures for use as a self-paced training tool our five-day hands-on class that we deliver publicly and privately worldwide.

In a time of tightening training and travel budgets we see this as a viable and cost-effective alternative to the cost and time taken to attend our publicly-subscribed or our private on-site training: the student can take as long or as short as they need to go through the material on their own schedule.

These English-language lessons are hyperlinked through thematic modules and lessons down to the individual slide level for all 441 slides. Accompanying PDF handouts and exercises are downloaded from Crane's web site. To ensure product operation of the audio/visual Flash lesson files, a test one-minute video can be downloaded from Crane's web site to exercise the delivery format on any platform before purchasing the non-refundable product. We have successfully run these HTML and lesson files on Windows and Mac platforms, as well as a configuration of Linux with Totem.

For a limited time, worldwide express shipping for the video DVD-ROM media is included in the price. On-demand fulfillment is shipped from California within two business days of the order (typically only one).

Licenses are available for private online real-time delivery over an intranet for staff.

Past students of Crane's instructor-led training will recognize the presentation format that now includes the audio-visual component in the top-right corner of the screen of slide content. The links on the left allow the user to jump to or replay any slide in the lesson.

Please follow the link below to our web site, and click on "Training videos" in the right margin to download the test video. There are also links to the online store with pricing information and to YouTube videos of the introduction/overview of the entire class and a sample lesson (regarding <xsl:number/>). While the YouTube videos are not hyperlinked as in the test video and actual lessons, you can see the progress of the lesson as the entire page is captured on YouTube. The introduction overviews what is covered in every module of the class.

cc: XML Dev, Mulberry XSL-List, Schematron, XML-L, Yahoo XSL, XSL-FO W3C, Antenna House, RenderX, XML-Doc

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01