Re: [xsl] relative URI in href

Subject: Re: [xsl] relative URI in href
From: "Vladimir Nesterovsky" <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 08:25:31 +0300
I can not determine the "base URI of the containing element node" as
descripte in http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#uri-references.

I aim to include a stylesheet from the very same location as the
including one. While developing I'm initiating the transformation from
my IDE. Later on it will be part of a jar file. If I make the
href="/.../to-be-included.xsl" absolut, it works fine. If I omit the
directory path like href="to-be-included.xsl" the transformer does not
find it.

Do you have an idea what basics I'm missing here?

I guess you're using java to run stylesheet like:

   Templates templates = transformerFactory.newTemplates(source);
   Transformer transformer = templates.newTransformer();

if source refer to a file system you better create it as

source = new StreamSource(new File(stylesheet));
or source = new StreamSource(stylesheet);

provided that stylesheet is prefixed with "file:/"
--
Vladimir Nesterovsky
http://www.nesterovsky-bros.com/