Re: [xsl] XSL If Statement - repost with code

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL If Statement - repost with code
From: Norman Gray <norman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:03:58 +0100
Sumit, hello.

On 2008 Aug 24, at 19:43, Sumit Patki wrote:

Here is the xsl and xml I am using to write the state matrix in html
o/p only if matrix element has 1 in it.

I think you'll need to make your examples a lot shorter before people will really be able to help you. A 'minimal example' means a XSLT file which cannot be made a single non-whitespace character shorter and still display the puzzling/wrong behaviour. In your example I can see CSS, multiple levels of HTML, comments -- lots of excess stuff in there. Aim five to ten lines in the XSLT, and perhaps only four or five in the XML.

None of the XSL:IF statements in the below code work.

Also, you need to be completely explicit about what you think 'should' happen, and what you see actually happening.

This isn't just an academic exercise. Very often, when you boil a problem down to create a truly minimal example, you discover just what it was that you weren't understanding. I have on numerous occasions tried to create a minimal example to illustrate a bug, and learned enough from the exercise to realise that there was no bug in fact.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester