Re: [xsl] use-when in the xsl:inlcude

Subject: Re: [xsl] use-when in the xsl:inlcude
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:52:39 -0400
At 2008-08-28 07:47 -0700, Vladimir Nesterovsky wrote:
Is there something I can pass to xslt for it to evaluate that something
in the use-when attribute in the xsl:inlcude, and xsl:import?

Only system properties and any other static information at the time the XSLT stylesheet is being interpreted into a stylesheet node tree. The objective of use-when= is to build an appropriate stylesheet *before* processing begins on the source node tree (which is when the stylesheet tree is being built).

In particular, no information from the XML source tree can be used by use-when=.

I hope this helps to understand the situation.

-- Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses: Wellington, NZ 2009-01 Training tools: Comprehensive interactive XSLT/XPath 1.0/2.0 video G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal