Re: [xsl] Re: Schema awareness with XSLT 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Schema awareness with XSLT 1.0
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 19:10:41 +0200 (CEST)
Mukul Gandhi wrote:

  Hi

> > http://gandhimukul.tripod.com/xslt/sa-xslt-10.htm

http://mukulgandhi.blogspot.com/2008/08/schema-aware-processing-with-xslt-10.html

  I had a look at the initial article, but if I am right, though the
article is entitled "Schema aware processing with XSLT 1.0," this
presents rather a "Xalan extension function for WXS schema validation,"
doesn't it?

  This is really different.  Schema-awarness does much more than
validating nodes.

  About the validation function itself, I find quite strange to pass
the schema document as a string.  Why not pass it as a document or
element node?  Or enable the user to pass either a node (document or
element, the schema itself) or a string (the schema's URI.)

  Regards,

--drkm