Re: [xsl] xsl: parsing through specific child nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl: parsing through specific child nodes
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:22:56 +0530
On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:16 AM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanchlia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. So would above template mentioned by Mukul also output node HIJ ?

I think, "outputting the node" is not the correct terminology. We can
copy the node to the result tree, or write something else to the
result tree, derived from the properties of the input nodes.

>       <xsl:when test="local-name()="HIJ" and . = 'YYYYYY'">

This statement will probably not compile, as I can see some misplaced quotes.

> 3. Currently I am using XSLT 1.0 and I am using JAXP which uses Xalan.
> How do I start using XSLT 2.0.

You need to download an XSLT 2.0 processor, like Saxon and using it as
described in the documentation.

> Would it just be matter of upping version in stylesheet node?

No. version="2.0" is just a hint to the processor. You need to supply
the XSLT 2.0 stylesheet to a XSLT 2.0 processor like Saxon.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi