RE: [xsl] Process document by ignoring DTD path

Subject: RE: [xsl] Process document by ignoring DTD path
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:28:56 +0100
> Hi all,
> Is it possible to process below structure(please note DTD
> path) by saxon and xslt1.0. I think no we need to mention DTD
> path.  Is it correct???
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE TEI.2 PUBLIC "-//MEP//DTD Model Editions
> Partnership data capture level 3 ver. 2.0//EN" "tei.dtd"> <TEI.2> ..
> </TEI.2>

The XSLT processor doesn't ever look at the DOCTYPE declaration. It's the
XML parser that handles it, so this is a question about XML parsing, not
about XSLT.

The XML parser needs to fetch the external DTD, whether or not you are
validating against the DTD, because it might contain definitions of external
entities.

If you don't want to fetch the external DTD, either remove the DOCTYPE
declaration, or create a local copy of the DTD.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/