Re: [xsl] Getting ant to tell me which xslt processor is used

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting ant to tell me which xslt processor is used
From: Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:46:58 -0400
Andrew Welch wrote:
2008/9/24 Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@xxxxxxxxxx>:
I've inherited a tangled web of stylesheets used by people on various
platforms, and their XSLT processors sometimes give different results for
the same stylesheets.

I'd like to know which XSLT processor each one is using.

$ ant -v -d gives lots of information, but beyond telling me TRAX is used,
it says nothing about which XSLT processor. Is there a way to get ant to
'fess up?

I don't think Ant can tell you because JAXP hides the processor... instead you need to get the xsl:vendor system property from within the transform:

<xsl:value-of select="system-property('xsl:vendor')" />

And perhaps throw it into a comment in the generated XSL, I suppose. Thanks!

Jonathan