RE: [xsl] xslt2: Retrieving a directory's non-XML file names

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt2: Retrieving a directory's non-XML file names
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:40:39 +0100
on-error=warn means output a warning that the file is not valid XML, exclude
it from the collection, and then carry on to process other files; in the
end, collection() returns the subset of the files that are valid.

I think you will need an extension function for this. You could write a
CollectionURIResolver that returns the URIs of the files wrapped as XML
documents <text href="file://a/b/c/d.txt"/> and then use unparsed-text() to
read the file; but writing an extension function is no more work and equally
(non-)portable.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/