RE: [xsl] xslt2: Retrieving a directory's non-XML file names

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt2: Retrieving a directory's non-XML file names
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 20:16:12 +0100
> I could give an example of a W3C language; the very popular DOM. W3C has
also defined HTML bindings for DOM.

That was done before the great Microsoft/Sun quarrel over Java.

> I also think, that developing Java bindings for XSLT will not
> be a length specification (it would be 2-3 pages I guess). I
> think this does adds value to the XSLT community ...

It's a lot more than three pages. See Appendix C of

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt11/

And after the controversy in 2001, I don't think the WG will want to get its
fingers burnt again.

Take a look at some of the correspondence, for example

http://xsl.markmail.org/search/?q=Java%20language%20bindings%20petition

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/