Re: [xsl] Prepending remote url to tei image input

Subject: Re: [xsl] Prepending remote url to tei image input
From: Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:05:12 -0400
> The remote source tei is like this :-
>     <figure rend="somepic" url="/images/image.jpg"/>

Not that it changes your XSLT problem, but this is inappropriate TEI
encoding of the information. If "somepic" is a description of the
image, it belongs in a <figDesc> child of <figure>:
              <figure url="/images/image.jpg">
                <figDesc>somepic</figDesc>
              </figure>
(Also the url= attribute is not part of vanilla TEI P4, but extension
of TEI to put this attribute on <figure> is almost ubiquitous.)

> However, the image is remote to the document so the image will
> still not appear. I need to be able to detect and prepend the
> www.example.com address to the src, the prepending is easy, but how
> to capture the remote www address has got me.

Where is this remote host information? Since TEI P4 doesn't have an
xml:base= attribute, I doubt it is there. Where is it stored, or how
is it handed to your XSLT?