Re: [xsl] Match Commented elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Match Commented elements
From: "Sam Byland" <shbyland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:47:30 -0400
(why do people do this kind of thing?) <<

Just thought I'd throw out something we ended up doing here. A while ago some of our clients were putting more and more info into comments in some locations of the instance files. After some internal discussions, we ended up making a schema change, allowing an element called XmlComment in various places (it can have text or other element children).

Today, our stylesheets still completely ignore <XmlComment> elements. But you never know -- if someday we need to get at that content, it will be a lot easier than if it were in regular comments....

Cheers,

...sam

www.moltek.com/axiom