Re: [xsl] using xsl:for-each-group, grouping by child nodes?

Subject: Re: [xsl] using xsl:for-each-group, grouping by child nodes?
From: Eric Scheid <eric.scheid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 01:06:13 +1000
On 4/10/08 7:32 PM, "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> <xsl:template match="players">
> <xsl:for-each-group select="player" group-by="concat(team, state)">
>    <xsl:value-of select="current-grouping-key()"/>
>    <xsl:for-each-group select="current-group()" group-by="position">
>      <...

OK, I was close it seems.

Good to know it should actually be possible (and happy to feed the google
monster too).

Sadly, it seems the tool I'm using (Filemaker Pro) doesn't like it, throwing
an error of "Unknown XSL element: for-each-group". I'm guessing it doesn't
support XSLT 2.0 functions yet, which is a bummer.

Back to the drawing board for me, but thanks all the same =)

e.