[xsl] XSLT 2: File path to URI for non-XML file

Subject: [xsl] XSLT 2: File path to URI for non-XML file
From: Yves Forkl <Y.Forkl@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:26:23 +0200
In my stylesheet, I am first creating a CSS file using xsl:result-document, taking the file's path from variable css_file.

Subsequently I am generating an XML document which should refer to this file's URI using the classical xml-stylesheet PI.

How can I "convert" the file path of the CSS file (i.e. $css_file) into a URI, given that the XSLT stylesheet is not located in the same directory? Functions targeting the URI of source document nodes won't help me much either, I fear.

I've seen a solution that involved defining an entity in the XSLT 2 stylesheet document's internal subset area before applying the unparsed-entity-uri function to the entity, but isn't there an easier way?

Yves