Re: [xsl] <xsl:output indent="yes"/>

Subject: Re: [xsl] <xsl:output indent="yes"/>
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 01:16:29 +0300
Hi Peter,

You mentioned in a previous message that you get one line if you open the file in the large file viewer. This type of files causes problems in the editor because there are some processings that need to be performed at line level and if you have very big lines those can take a lot of time. What we recommend is to turn on the formatting and indenting of the document on open, that is Options->Preferences -- Editor / Format -- Format and indent the document on open.

Best Regards,
George
--
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Bradley, Peter wrote:
care to share how much memory that is?

Yes. Sorry. I wasn't meaning to be secretive. We set the oxygen.vmoptions file as follows:

-Xmx1450m
-Dcom.oxygenxml.language=English

Setting it to 1500 crashed oXygen on startup.

If there's another (better) way of setting the memory allocation, we'd
be glad to hear of it.  This was the only one we found.

So you are saying opening the file takes ages, followed by clicking
"indent" taking even longer or crashing oXygen ?  If so, you should
raise it on the oXygen list.

Yes. I may well do that.

In the mean time, just run it through an identity transform using
Saxon from the command line - a simple stylesheet containing:

<xsl:ouput indent="yes"/>
<xsl:copy-of select="."/>

...is enough.

Thanks. That's a good idea.