Re: [xsl] How to substitute a portion of the text value of an element

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to substitute a portion of the text value of an element
From: Paul <pflists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:42:48 -0400
The difficulty I guess is knowing when to apply the translate.

Ken's code above in the thread:

 <xsl:copy>
   <xsl:value-of select="substring-before(.,$old)"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="$new"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="substring-after(.,$old)"/>
</xsl:copy>

needs to have the substring-before work if the slashes in $old and the
slashes in the . are different. Perhaps I need to first translate all
occurrences to some canonical form before I do the substring-before or
substring-after test if that is possible.

Paul