Re: [xsl] grouping based on string but with child nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] grouping based on string but with child nodes
From: "James Cummings" <cummings.james@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:33:56 +0100
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 16:17, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, use 2 passes, it will help you diagnose problems in the 2nd pass
> much more easily.
>
> The first pass is an idenity transform with:
>
> <xsl:template match="title">
>  <xsl:for-each select="tokenize(., '||')>
>    <title><xsl:value-of select="."/></title>

Hiya Andrew,

Thanks for your suggestion, but it isn't going to work.  tokenize()
treats the node like a string and so gets rid of any embedded markup.
I.e. the <emph> (and very occasionally other) elements.

> For the second pass it's not clear to me how you want to group them,
> so maybe post back with an example if you need to.

I wanted to end up with the same kind of output that tokenize() would
give me, but preserving any embedded markup as well.

-James