Re: Re: [xsl] XML Namespaces and <xsl:output> don´t work

Subject: Re: Re: [xsl] XML Namespaces and <xsl:output> don´t work
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:50:31 +0100
> xsl:output dont4t work.

Most likely because the result tree is not being serialised by the XSLT
engine. It appears that you are using cocoon which as I recall allows the
result to be passed as an in-memory tree on through a pipeline and
serialisation is handled by cocoon rather than the XSLt engine.

> I i put **** <map:serialize type="xml"/>  then xsl:output work, and Doctype
> is added but the result is xml, don4t html
>
> what can i do?
That's a cocoon question not an XSLt one, and it's been many years since
I used cocoon sorry, perhaps someone else can tell you how to get html
serialisation. It's off topic for this list though, really.

However

> I i put **** <map:serialize type="xml"/>  then xsl:output work, and Doctype
> is added but the result is xml, don4t html

You have put your elements in the xhtml namespace and specifid the xhtml
doctype, so you should want xml serialisation not html. Using the xhtml
doctype with html (should) just lead to parse errors 9although of curse
browsers don't report errors). If you want html you should use
no-namepsae and use html serialisation.

David