Re: [xsl] want to add node number to sub node

Subject: Re: [xsl] want to add node number to sub node
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 00:55:13 +0100
its always easier to  answer these isf ypu post smaler but well formed
fragments, but

> I am using saxon 8 and <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
8's rather old, why not 9?

> Now I want to modify the text in the <span class="questionHeader"> based
> on its parent <question>'s position.

isn't it the ancestor problem?

It's not clear if in fact you want to count questions or problems

but
<xsl:value-of select="substring-before(.,':')"/>
<xsl:number format="a" from="group" level="any"/>
<xsl:value-of select="substring-after(.,':')"/>
might do what you want , or perhaps add count="question" or
count+"problem", depending.

David