RE: [xsl] Group on deep equal criterion

Subject: RE: [xsl] Group on deep equal criterion
From: "Vladimir Nesterovsky" <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:17:03 -0700
> Tough one. If you're not worried about O(n^2) performance, you can start
by
> building a data structure that captures the memberships of the groups by
> doing

In my case - extraction of common subexpessions from an expression
tree - any approach works, as I'm dealing with small sequences. However,
out of curiosity for bigger sequences, I was thinking of a quicksort-like
xslt
algorithm, and x:compare(element(), element()) function returning -1, 0, or
1.

In practice this probably won't work well due to expenses of xslt engine
comparing with built in algorithms.
--
Vladimir Nesterovsky
http://www.nesterovsky-bros.com