Re: [xsl] XQuery Updates in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] XQuery Updates in XSLT
From: Michael Ludwig <milu71@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 22:20:16 +0100
Michael Kay schrieb am 30.10.2008 um 09:50:12 (-0000):
> > Peace or war, sometimes I wonder why the identity template
> > isn't the default, built-in template.
>
> For XSLT 2.1 we are proposing that it should be possible to choose the
> built-in templates for a mode by a simple keyword, for example
>
> <xsl:mode default-action="copy"/>
>
> might specify that the default template for the unnamed mode is the
> identity template.

One more thing to watch out for, as it may alter the meaning of the
entire transform - but a very good idea, in my opinion. It is more
succinct and easier on the eye than the identity template. And much
clearer to the newcomer: You want to copy your document and only modify
some bits? Simply say "copy", and then declare your modifications.

Michael Ludwig