Re: [xsl] FO: Write vertically

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO: Write vertically
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 19:55:16 -0400
At 2008-11-01 23:33 +0100, Florent Georges wrote:
  I have a table with a lot of small columns (a dozen of columns with
only numbers.)  I would like to write the titles of the column
vertically (because even single words are too large for each column
width.)

  I tried reference-orientation="90", both on the fo:table-cell and its
inner fo:block, but the text is still horizontal within the cell.

reference-orientation isn't supposed to work on table-cell because that construct is only used to group content, not to create any areas itself.

reference-orientation isn't supposed to work on block because that construct creates a normal area not a reference area.

You need to use a block-container to get what you want:

  <page-sequence master-reference="frame">
    <flow flow-name="frame-body" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
      <block>This is a test</block>
            <block-container reference-orientation="90">
              <block>Hello</block>
            </block-container>
    </flow>
  </page-sequence>

I use Fop 0.95. Do I use the wrong property?

I don't have FOP so I cannot answer if it is conformant or not.

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
Video sample lesson:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg