Re: [xsl] typing the input from within xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] typing the input from within xslt
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:35:05 +0000

    Colin> It is still non-conformant, and I don't think you should do
    Colin> this.

Ah. I see I have mis-understood what you were talking about. I thought
you meant you were providing a resolver that takes notice of query
parameters for file scheme URIs (like you do with collection). Instead
(if I HAVE understood correctly), you were just pointing out that a
programmer could provide a URIResolver that examined the query
parameters.

I wasn't suggesting that you go the trouble of checking the syntax of
a URI passed to doc or document for conformance to the particular
scheme's syntax. But I do suggest that anyone who writes a URI
resolver for a particular scheme SHOULD check the syntax conforms to
any restrictions specified by that scheme.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire