Re: [xsl] Timezone concept broken in XPath 2.0?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Timezone concept broken in XPath 2.0?
From: Michael Ludwig <milu71@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 00:39:26 +0100
David Carlisle schrieb am 10.11.2008 um 23:01:21 (+0000):

> >   All minimally conforming processors 7must7 support [...] a minimum
> >   fractional second precision of 1 millisecond or three digits (i.e.,
> >   s.sss).
> >   -- XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 F. & O., 10.1.1 Limits and Precision
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#date-time-duration-conformance
> >
> > But then, your network router probably does have a reasonable clock.
>
> I don't think an acurate clock is required, I believe that that refers
> to the required accuracy in the date arithmetic, not any requirement to
> have an accurate clock.

Maybe. But a clock is required - no clock, no current-dateTime(). Or
would the system still be conformant if it returned an arbitrary, but
formally correct datetime "current at some time during the evaluation of
a query or transformation in which fn:current-dateTime() is executed",
which the system could claim is the correct system time, and on which
date arithmetic could be performed correctly?

Michael Ludwig