Re: [xsl] stylesheets without match="*" templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] stylesheets without match="*" templates
From: Garvin Riensche <g.riensche@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:45:32 +0100
Thanks for you answer! Now I see that it is usefull to have the translator be capable of handling all kinds of stylesheets.

My question to you is: In practise, how many stylessheets of the second type without a template like the one above exist?

lots:-) that is the identity template so it is only relevant if the input is using the same vocabulary as the output, and very often the point of transformation is to change vocabularies. But the top level structure is more directly related to the templates matching "/" than templates matching "*".

Just one question: What's meant with "change vocabularies"? Do you mean changes between different namespaces? Or a transformation between different XMLs Schemas?

regards,
Garvin