Re: [xsl] FO: block, padding and border

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO: block, padding and border
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 18:16:27 +0100 (CET)
"G. Ken Holman" wrote:

> >   Of course, the borders should be aligned.  How would you do
> >that?

> By using space-before= and space-after= for top and bottom, and
> start-indent= and end-indent= for left and right.

  Thanks for your detailed answer, Ken.  Unfortunately, when I
try the following:

    <fo:block space-before="5pt" start-indent="5pt"
              border="solid 0.5pt">
       Bla bla...
    </fo:block>

I get the opposite result: the border is moved to the inside of
the block.  Thanks to Vasu, I found the following that solves my
problem:

    <fo:block padding-top="5pt" border="solid 0.5pt">
       <fo:inline padding-left="5pt">Bla bla...</fo:inline>
    </fo:block>

  With this, the border around the block is still aligned with
borders around tables, and the text is 5pt away from the border.
I am not sure this is the right way to go, but it seems clean
enough.

  I use FOP 0.95, not sure this has something to do...

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/