Re: [xsl] browser text output - works in FF, but not in Safari and Opera

Subject: Re: [xsl] browser text output - works in FF, but not in Safari and Opera
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:52:26 +0100
Robert Koberg wrote:

Does anyone have any familiarity with browser transformations that have xsl:output method="text"? (actually a JSON string)

The transform works for me in Firefox (3.0.4), but not in Safari (3.2) or Opera (9.61).

The following test case (not using Sarissa but simply the existing APIs (XMLHttpRequest, XSLTProcessor)
http://home.arcor.de/martin.honnen/xslt/test2008111901.html
works for me with Firefox 3 and Opera 9. Tested on Windows.

It calls transformToDocument and then the text result is the textContent of the root element (documentElement) of the XML document the call returns.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/