RE: [xsl] Issue with large XML doc and crashes

Subject: RE: [xsl] Issue with large XML doc and crashes
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:28:18 -0000
It sounds as if you are running the transformation from within Ant. As a
first step, I would try seeing if you can get it to run from the command
line. That will tell you whether the problem is specific to the Ant
environment - it eliminates one of the possible causes.

Saxon does have the ability to process the source document in streaming mode
which will reduce memory requirements (see

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/sourcedocs/serial.html

), but frankly, 20Mb shouldn't be a problem.

If it's still failing you need to tell us more precisely what you are doing
and more precisely how it failed.

"my computer crashes" sounds pretty drastic - running out of memory does not
normally cause your computer to crash.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/