Re: [xsl] Re: Conditional XSL Variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Conditional XSL Variable
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:14:55 +0000
> You should also try putting <xsl:message><value-of
> select="$valueofCodeA"/></xsl:message> in for debugging purposes in
> case $valueofCodeA is different than what you expected.

For debugging I really recommend checking out oXygen - it's great...
You get 3 panes: input, stylesheet, result.  You can run the transform
and then click on nodes in the result tree and get taken to the points
in the stylesheet and input that created that node.  So if you get
some unfamiliar xml and xslt, you can run it through the debugger and
then click around the result to see how it was constructed.

I don't know if that's a standard feature in all IDEs but it really is
pretty amazing when you're use to "xsl:message debugging" :)  and well
worth mentioning here.

It also does all the other usual debugging stuff but this feature
really is a killer feature... If anyone uses any of the other IDEs I'd
be interested to know if they did the same.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com