Re: [xsl] [FO] Truncated line and keep-together="always"

Subject: Re: [xsl] [FO] Truncated line and keep-together="always"
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 07:17:41 -0500
At 2008-11-21 12:30 +0100, Josef Pavlas wrote:
try using only keep-together.within-page="always". When you set
keep-toghether property (which is "shortcut"), it sets also
keep-together.within-line="always".

Yes, I agree with Josef to use a compound property instead of inadvertently setting all properties ... but may I suggest using keep-together.within-column= instead of keep-together.within-page= as the property? What I like about doing this is if I ever change from single column to multi-column output I get the desired result. There is no difference between .within-column= and .within-page= when formatting a single column output, and in multi-column output you would almost always want .within-column= ... so my counsel to my students has always been to get into the habit of using .within-column= even when doing one-column output.

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO, UBL and code list hands-on training classes:
:  Sydney, AU 2009-01/02; Brussels, BE 2009-03; Prague, CZ 2009-03