Re: [xsl] are multiple predicates same as boolean and

Subject: Re: [xsl] are multiple predicates same as boolean and
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:48:20 GMT
> using 11 predicates for your stylesheets, must be doing quite
> complicated transformations I believe.

They are fairly, cat *.xsl | wc -l says there's over 95 thousand lines
of the stuff, so I hope it's doing something non trivial:-) 3 or 4
predicates is totally routine but the most common reason for having
larger numbers is to filter attributes

  [not(@purpose='iemode')]
  [not(@purpose='artifact')]
  [not(@purpose='w-dimension')]

is equivalent to

  [not(@purpose='iemode') and
  [not(@purpose='artifact') and
  [not(@purpose='w-dimension')]

but I'd almost always use the first form in XSLT 1 because it's easier
to indent and easier to refactor, but if starting from the beginning in
xslt 2 I'd write it as

  [not(@purpose=('iemode','artifact','w-dimension'))]

David