RE: [xsl] String containing both single and double quotes (apos and quot) in XPath expression

Subject: RE: [xsl] String containing both single and double quotes (apos and quot) in XPath expression
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:49:22 -0000
In 2.0 you can escape the string delimiter by doubling it: ' as '', or " as
"". And of course you can escape the attribute delimiter using an XML entity
reference.

<xsl:if test="$x = 'He said, &quot;I can''t&quot'">

In 1.0 you can't have a string literal containing both single and double
quotes. Use concat:

<xsl:variable name="quot">"</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="apos">'</xsl:variable>

<xsl:if test="$x = concat('He said, ', $quot, 'I can', $apos, 't', $quot)">

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/