Re: [xsl] Multiple Character Encodings in XSLT/XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Multiple Character Encodings in XSLT/XML
From: COUTHURES Alain <alain.couthures@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 08:12:25 +0100
Hi,

This is a feature that could be in XML 2.0 if there were effectively people wanting to specify it... I, personnaly, would also like to have multiple roots, more than one hierarchical relation,...

A stable XML 1.0 seems to have been prefered !

Alain COUTHURES
<agenceXML>
http://www.agencexml.com
Bordeaux, France

Ramkumar Menon a icrit :
Is is possible to have an XSLT, or for that matter any XML document
which can have more than one character encoding?
i.e. an XSL Stylesheet whose portions are encoded using UTF-8 and a
few other portions encoded using UTF-16 or UTF-32.

If this is not supported, why not? - Any theoretical reason?
If it is supported, how do I specify the same on the document?

regards,
Ram