Re: [xsl] Keep-with-previous.within-page causes block to be put into margin.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Keep-with-previous.within-page causes block to be put into margin.
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 07:29:17 -0500
At 2008-12-05 10:31 +0100, NINN (Niels Nygaard Nielsen) wrote:
I am creating a pdf (AntennaHouse) containing two columns of text and a signature at the end. What I want is for the signature to never be placed alone on a page. To do this I am using keep-with-previous.within-page on the signature blocks, which sort of solves the problem. The signature stays with the text, but it doesn't respect the bottom margin.

That action surprises me, as I use keep-with-previous to drag the previous text on to the next page, rather than keep the "next" text on the previous page.

I note you are using "always" ... have you tried with "1" to see if there is a difference? Not that I would expect there to be, but it is something to try.

What I would like to happen is that the signature blocks respects the bottom-margin of the region-body. So when this situation occurs, instead of forcing the signature blocks to the margin of the previous page, the page break is put between the text blocks, leaving me with a second page containing some text and then the signature.

That is the behaviour I am already expecting your code to produce as it is, as I would have applied the property as you did. This may be something to bring up with the vendor with a reproducible example. I think it anomalous for the text that doesn't fit to be kept on the page where it doesn't fit.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO, UBL and code list hands-on training classes:
:  Sydney, AU 2009-01/02; Brussels, BE 2009-03; Prague, CZ 2009-03