[xsl] Application development using XSLT

Subject: [xsl] Application development using XSLT
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 14:49:35 -0500
Readers of this list might be interested in a post I made to XML-Dev about 30 minutes ago regarding the use of XSLT 2.0 on ODF 1.2 files in OpenOffice 3.0 using Saxon:

I've abstracted the structures of ODF into an application programming interface and use OpenOffice 3.0 as a programming platform with XSLT 2 as the programming language.

Using that API I've created OpenOffice 3.0 XML editors and a UBL subset customization specification application that, with a single export, creates a suite of HTML files, pruned XSD schemas, synthesized XSLT stylesheets and Python programs, and numerous text files all in the support of a developer working with a customization of UBL (rather than the complete specification of UBL).

Please post any comments to that thread as I think that would be better than having two threads.

I hope this is considered helpful.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO, UBL and code list hands-on training classes:
:  Sydney, AU 2009-01/02; Brussels, BE 2009-03; Prague, CZ 2009-03