Re: [xsl] xpath syntax error

Subject: Re: [xsl] xpath syntax error
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:43:00 GMT
> Why is that?
> Do I really have to rewrite my xpath expression to

xslt patterns are not xpath, they have a commpletely separate grammar,
they just look like a subset of xpath.

> <xsl:template match='*[self::p or self::q][count(node()) = 0]'/>?

yes although you almost never need write count(node()) (which if saxon
didn't optimise it away would mean that the system actually had to cound
the nodes, which means searching all the children) instead just use
[not(node())]  which is true if there are no children.

i'd write it as

p[not(node())]|q[not(node())]

David