Re: [xsl] Applying Templates Up To The Node That Contains The nth Descendant Character

Subject: Re: [xsl] Applying Templates Up To The Node That Contains The nth Descendant Character
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:53:01 +0530
I thought of following (a 2.0 solution).

<xsl:template match="body">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="p[1]" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="p">
  <xsl:variable name="x"
select="string-length(string-join(preceding-sibling::p, ''))" />
  <xsl:variable name="y" select="string-length(.)" />
  <xsl:if test="$x &lt; 1000">
    <xsl:copy-of select="." />
  </xsl:if>
  <xsl:if test="($x + $y) &lt; 1000">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="following-sibling::p[1]" />
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

This is not tested.

--