[xsl] Using operators >> and <<

Subject: [xsl] Using operators >> and <<
From: "Ylvisaker, Steve" <steve.j.ylvisaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:59:44 -0600
I am working on a frame to XML conversion. The frame file is flat leading to
several challenges. I have used for-each-group with attribute
group-starting-with to unflatten the document sections. However, I have a
different challenge to address. I need to take the following markup:

<para>a para of data</para>
<bullet>first bullet data</bullet>
<bullet>second bullet data</bullet>
<bullet>third bullet data</bullet>
<para>more para data</para>
<bullet>another bullet list</bullet>

And turn it into:
<ulist>
</ulist>

It is easy enough to identify and format the <ulist/> based on the occurrence
of the first <bullet/> but then isolating just the remaining contiguous
bullets eludes me. I have the feeling that I can use the << or >> operators to
select all of the bullets until the node name changes in the document order.
However, I can only find very sketchy documentation regarding these constructs
and when I try to use them I get syntax errors.

Any suggestions or pointers on where I could look for working examples (not
shorthand) of how these constructs can be used or suggestions on a different
approach would be very much appreciated.

Steve

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE]

Information transmitted by this email is
proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private,
privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been
forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or
dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In
such cases, please delete this mail from your records.

To view this notice
in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy
and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser:
http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com