Re: [xsl] How to achieve FO Table variable width with nowrap on cells

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to achieve FO Table variable width with nowrap on cells
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:28:36 +1100
At 2009-01-25 18:12 -0700, Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
It seems that I am having success with a table defined like this:

Good ... I had a typo in my response to you and you are correctly using table-layout="auto" (the default).

Is it correct to assume that the table width will derive from the
total width of content (until it reaches parent object boundary
width)?

No, because with "auto" the formatter has every right to make its own decisions about line breaks.

Or to be safe, should I conform with your option #1?

I've always used the wrappers just to be on the safe side.

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 4:50 PM, G. Ken Holman
<gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (1) - use table-layout="fixed" and wrap the content of each cell in a block
> keeping the line contents together with something like wrap-option="no-wrap"
> or with a keep-together.within-line= to force the formatter to make its
> table column decisions without breaking the line content

Sorry, in the above I meant to say table-layout="auto" but was apparently thinking about the other values that are not appropriate when I actually was doing the typing.

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO, UBL and code list hands-on training classes:
:  Sydney, AU 2009-01/02; Brussels, BE 2009-03; Prague, CZ 2009-03