RE: [xsl] Filtering RSS feed with xsl based on presence of certain words in description

Subject: RE: [xsl] Filtering RSS feed with xsl based on presence of certain words in description
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:39:53 -0000
> As I'm not an expert on backward compatibility between XSLT
> 2.0 and 1.0, and only having dabbled in things 1.0, which
> parts of the code I submitted would need rewriting?

If you've only dabbled, then the incompatibilities are in obscure corners of
the language that you probably don't know about and probably don't want to.

The main thing you need to know is that you have a choice between running in
"backwards compatibility mode", which gives you 99.99% compatibility, and
"2.0 mode" which gives you about 99% - mostly that means it gives you error
messages if you do things that you probably shouldn't have been doing in the
first place. You make the choice by setting version="1.0" or "2.0" on the
xsl:stylesheet element.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/