Re: [xsl] Wrapping content in a CDATA tag

Subject: Re: [xsl] Wrapping content in a CDATA tag
From: Ken Starks <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 07:36:25 +0000
You problem sounds similar to one I brought up on this group in January, in relation to
Google Earth's kml format.
David Carlisle provided a useful response.

http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/200901/msg00075.html

It looks unlikely (or impossible?), as Dr Kay has said, that CDATA is actually __required__ by
the schema/DTD/whatever. It is for the human reader, or xml-author that they suggest it.

Chad Chelius wrote:
Michael,
It's for a proprietary system. I can't figure out the logic either but it's how they require it. I think they do this because the content could contain XML tags that will be parsed separately. Therefore they want the content wrapped in a CDATA tag like shown. Is there any way I can do this?

chad