Re: [xsl] xslt and i18n

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt and i18n
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:43:39 +0000 (GMT)
Vyacheslav Sedov wrote:

> to my mind the best way is to use "metaprogramming magic" -

  That's one of the alternatives I suggested at the end of my
email, yes.

> just generate proper XSLT (one for each language-location)
> from localization file(s) and some kind of "dummy XSLT", it
> also can allow some freedom about not only text translation
> (images, links, UI behavior, dates & currency, items order and
> so on) and can help to solve some performance problems

  I am not sure that using additional dictionaries of match
patterns will beat indexing by keys.  Intuitively, I would have
said the opposite.  That requires measures to be sure, but I
doubt this would be a real problem for most stylesheets anyway.

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/