RE: [xsl] Integrated sort using different elements

Subject: RE: [xsl] Integrated sort using different elements
From: "Houghton,Andrew" <houghtoa@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:25:54 -0500

OK, I now see where I misunderstood the requirements.  In my example input
XML the XSLT should have resulted in the output XML being in the same order
as the input document since the first biblStruct element had a monogr/author
of "Author Name 0" and the second biblStruct element had a monogr/author of
"Author Name 1".

Note in XSLT 2.0 you can create an xsl:function that returns a string and
use it in the select of xsl:sort.  So you can implement any complex rule
requirements you have.  However, the suggested sequence thing works nicely
and I'll have to add that one to my toolbox.

Thanks to all those who pointed out the misunderstanding.

Andy.