[xsl] encoding error when using cdata

Subject: [xsl] encoding error when using cdata
From: Mike Stroud <stroudmw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:13:27 +0200
Hello all,

I've been experimenting with cdata because I've got some funny
characters in my XML files. I've got something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wc:COLLECTION xmlns:wc="http://www.ptc.com/infoengine/1.0";>
<ChangedParts NAME="ChangedParts" TYPE="Unknown" STATUS="0">
<Part>
<Name>446RLi SMD ASSY</Name>
<description></description>
<LongDesc></LongDesc>

etc...

The XSL looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:output indent="yes" method="xml" cdata-section-elements="Name
Description Longdesc"/>
<xsl:template match="/" xmlns:wc="http://www.ptc.com/infoengine/1.0";>
<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

And the resultant XML turns out like this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<wc:COLLECTION xmlns:wc="http://www.ptc.com/infoengine/1.0";>

etc...

I now get the following error: Switch from current encoding to
specified encoding not supported. Line: 1. <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-16"?>

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've tried different encoding
methods in the XSL file, but they appear to be ignored.

Thanks,

Mike.